April 12, 2019
Head of International Trade in the UK, Aline Doussin, takes a look at what a Customs Union is and what the EU Customs Union is, as negotiations in how the UK leaves the EU rumble on. Aline covers:
- Examples of different Customs Unions around the world
- What makes the EU Customs Union unique
- The 3 major features of the EU Customs Union
- EU Customs Unions with other states, e.g. Turkey
April 11, 2019
With the EU Council announcement of another Brexit extension until 31st October, what does this mean in reality? We look at key dates to now have in mind and how this impacts your Brexit preparedness.
- What does this mean for the possible Brexit outcomes?
- Is no deal now off the table for good?
- Can the UK and the EU keep delaying indefinitely?
- Could we all be back in this position again in October?
- What about a second referendum or a general election or even a revocation of Article 50?
Public Law Associate, Andrew Eaton, provides a short update on the new Brexit position.